Baer’s Furniture Opens its Largest Store in West Melbourne
Family owned and operated for 69 years, Baer’s offers famous brand name furniture. Its newest and most exquisite showcase in Melbourne offers 100,000 square feet of the perfect furniture to suit any taste and fit any lifestyle.
In 1945, Melvin and Lucile Baer founded Baer’s Home Outfitters in South Bend, Indiana, based on one simple concept: offer customers famous brands that they can trust, quality craftsmanship and lasting designs at tremendous discounts. It was there, under their parents’ loving guidance, where Jimmie, Allan and Bobby were taught the retail furniture industry at every level. While the family-owned company continued to prosper in Indiana, the Baer’s Florida vision started when Bobby moved to Florida in 1968 and opened the Dania store. The elder Baers and the rest of the family eventually settled in South Florida and moved the business along with them. Today, Bobby is CEO and Allan is President along with the third generation and fourth generation in top management positions. They run a furniture dynasty that now has fifteen showcases and two warehouses.
Family-owned and operated for 69 years, Baer’s offers famous brand name furniture, in-stock for immediate delivery and guaranteed low prices. Baer’s specializes in fine design with a 50 million dollar inventory, full interior design studio, unique accessories from around the world, designer rugs and even luxurious bedding.
The showcase features products from Tommy Bahama Home, Lexington, Drexel Heritage, Theodore Alexander, Broyhill, HGTV Home, Serta, Hooker, Natuzzi Editions, Stanley, Hunter Douglas, Bernhardt, Universal, Thomasville, Henredon, Century and many others.
The furniture styles offered say: casual elegance, movie star glamour, island inspired living, contemporary chic, cottage comfort, future heirlooms, old world charm, 19th century antiques and modern classics. Essentially everything you need to furnish a home, yacht or office can be found at Baer’s, the “ultimate”
Baer’s is the world’s largest dealer of Tommy Bahama Home. The Tommy Bahama brand is legendary for its sophisticated interpretation of inspired island living. Experiencing the casual comfort of the islands should be as easy as walking through your own front door. The Tommy Bahama Home collection of distinctive furnishings evokes a sense of romance and intrigue through the fusion of eclectic design, exotic natural materials and rich finishes.
Like every Baer’s showcase, Melbourne offers a complimentary award-winning team of licensed Interior Designers and experienced design professionals. Designers can easily create your very own slice of paradise.
Baer’s full service Design Studio can coordinate comprehensive floor plans with furniture selections, color schemes, fabrics, floor coverings, window treatments, lighting, area rugs, wall decor, bed coverings and custom built-ins. Designers have the expertise to take any private residential or model home project from concept to completion. Here’s a look inside the process from start to finish:
The initial design consultation: The first step is an initial design consultation in store where you will be asked by your Baer’s designer all about your vision for your home, the architectural details of your home itself (floors, walls, ceilings, views, finishes, doors, windows, traffic patterns, etc.) and how you need and, most importantly, would like to function in your home. They will also ask you questions regarding your timing for having your home completed, how much you were thinking of investing — now and in the future and who will be involved in the decision making process.
In-home visit: Once the designer has a thorough understanding of the project, an appointment will be made to come out to your home for an in-home visit. At the in-home visit, the designer will bring out any samples of fabric or finishes that you may have already pre-selected in the store so you can see how they look with what you already own and in your own lighting conditions.
The visit will include a walk through and taking measurements of all the rooms — including measurements for window treatments, flooring and painting. if those are services that you will also be needing. Baer’s offers a turnkey design solution and can take care of almost every aspect of designing and ordering everything you may need for your home.
Finally, the designer will also take digital pictures of your room including unusual features, existing colors and furniture items that you have in your home. The designer can then discuss with you all of your needs for the room and make on-site suggestions for you.
Design Presentation: Once that is all done, the designer will pull together an entire presentation for you. Like an HGTV makeover show, your room will be drawn in accurate scale and they will help select, based on your input, furniture, fabrics, finishes, window treatments, floor coverings and accessories that best represent the look and feel that you are seeking to create for your home.
Delivery and set up: Once you are satisfied with the design, the process of turning your vision into reality begins. The Baer’s designer will follow the progress of your special order items and make sure that you get timely updates regarding the delivery progress. If there are multiple items, the designer will come out with the in-house delivery team to make sure that your new furniture, accessories, area rugs and window treatments are installed and placed correctly and to your satisfaction. Making customers’ dreams into reality is what the family-owned and operated store is all about.
The Baer family plans to continue helping customers complete their dream of achieving a beautifully furnished home — the perfect furniture to suit your tastes and fit your lifestyle, for many more years.
For more information, call (321) 872-2377 or Baers.com. Baer’s Furniture store hours are weekdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sundays noon to 6 p.m.
Here are a Few Suggestions on What to Expect when Working with a Designer:
1. Bring measurements, floor plans and/or blueprints with you when you come to your meeting so designers can see as much information about the actual spaces they are going to be designing for you right at the beginning.
2. Bring as many pictures of your actual room as you can.
3. Bring pictures of other rooms that you’ve seen that appeal to you. Go through them ahead of time and make sticky notes about what you find appealing. Don’t worry if you’re not exactly clear about what you do and don’t like, just liking the “feeling” of a particular room is enough. Designers are experts in interpreting the design elements of that room that make it appealing to you and will help you flesh out your reasoning by asking intelligent questions.
4. Discuss beforehand with the relevant decision makers a financial range for this purchase that makes all decision makers comfortable. If you have no idea what to expect, do some research on the Internet beforehand to get a general sense of what you need to invest to achieve the quality and visual level that you would like to live with. Designers can provide a range of what you can expect once your needs are discussed and give you a timeline for completion. It is very important to know this information at the beginning of the process. Designers can put together a beautiful home for you within almost every price range. Whether you want the home of your wildest dreams and the sky is the limit or you want a winter vacation retreat that you are going to rent out for 9 months a year, they can help you stay within your comfort zone financially.
5. When it comes time for you to make your purchase decision, make sure everyone, whether family or friend, who will be involved is available to come in and help decide.