The holiday season is a wonderful—and often very hectic—time of year. Whether you’re at a family dinner, a fabulous party, or the office, you feel the best when you look your best. Of course, there never seems to be enough hours in the day to squeeze in all the things that you need or want to do—including taking care of yourself and your skin.
This season, when you’re short on time, consider some of the following fun and useful tips to get younger-looking, beautiful skin fast.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are both medical treatments that can be performed in 10 minutes or less, relaxing overactive muscles and diminishing fine lines around the eyes, mouth and between the brow. They can also help lift downward-turned corners of the mouth and lift the eyebrows. A quick treatment with great results! Safety tip: Choose a skilled, qualified expert injector who is familiar with facial anatomy and off-label uses of BOTOX® to perform your injections. Discuss the goal of natural results, and don’t overdo it.
- EYEBROW SHAPING: Also in 10 minutes or less, have your eyebrows professionally shaped so your brow begins, arches and ends optimally for your face. Kelli, an aesthetician and owner at Glow Skin & Body in Melbourne, advises, “Do not over-thin your eyebrow. This will definitely age you. Men, it’s simple for you—trim stray hairs and make sure you have two (eyebrows).”
- PEELS: The chemical peel may sound old school, but it can be an extremely effective option, especially for the budget or time conscious. Illuminize® and Vitalize® peels combine various acids and retinoic acid to gently exfoliate the skin, improving effects of aging and sun, and issues like acne and uneven coloration. Peels enhance the skin’s beauty and health with very minimal downtime.
- PRIME your skin: The benefits of applying primer to your face are clear and the process couldn’t be easier. Think of face primer as you would think of paint primer: your skin is like a wall, with its natural imperfections and slight color variations. If you use foundation, face primer provides a smooth surface and helps keep makeup in place. And the benefits can be even greater. For example, SkinMedica® C+E Complex, available at select physician offices, is full of antioxidants to improve skin tone, texture and firmness, while also acting as a primer. Two important functions in one easy cream—perfect for the holidays! Looking younger tip: Use less foundation, as too much can be aging.
- PIMPLES Be Gone: Zap away blemishes with ANSR Beam, an at-home blue and red light treatment that takes 5 minutes and employs light to fight active pimples and overactive oil glands. If you have an hour to spare, medication can be combined with light treatment in the dermatologist’s office to tackle acne.
- BEAUTIFUL LIPS: Consider a 20 minute Juvederm® or Restylane® injection for a more youthful lip. Injections are pain-free, and you can consider starting with a half syringe if you’re feeling nervous. Again, natural looking results are key. Also, add moisturizer to plump your lips overnight: Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment, available at all drugstores, before turning off the lights. In the morning, choose a light lip color to make your lips look fuller. And in the evening, go bold with a red lip color that complements your skin tone. Dolores at La Moda Boutique in Satellite Beach shares, “Add a classic or contemporary black dress to those red lips to boost your spirits.” Ryan at Olivia Carol Salon in downtown Melbourne suggests, “Add fresh highlights to those lips and you are good to go.”
Beauty can be more than superficial. Treating yourself—and your skin—the right way can make you feel good, giving you extra confidence and happiness. Remember, the above tips are options for you—there is no need to add extra stress to your December. Pick one or two tips that you are excited about implementing, and go for it. You’ll be on your way to beautiful skin in no time!