St. Petersburg’s Vinoy Renaissance
From its opening in 1925 as the Vinoy Park Hotel, this landmark retreat has attracted the rich, the powerful, the wealthy and the famous. The grandest of all the 1920s Boom Era hotels, the Vinoy became one of the country’s most prestigious destinations, a coveted getaway for notable families, such as the Pillsburys and Fleischmanns, along with Hollywood stars, celebrities, presidents, and authors.
Today, the Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club, a gem on the downtown St. Petersburg waterfront – and the only luxury hotel on the west coast of Florida that combines a private marina, 18-hole golf course and 12-court tennis complex – blends historic charm and a rich past with modern luxuries and amenities.
The resort has undergone numerous refurbishments over the decades, including its legendary lobby, which features a soaring 25-foot vaulted ceiling, quarry-glazed tile flooring, contemporary art, intimate gathering spots such as the library and Promenade Lobby Bar, and a striking color palette developed by the award-winning interior design firm of Leo A. Daly.
Shop, Eat & Explore…or Just Relax
But don’t confuse historic with stuffy. The resort brings exclusive live musical performances, innovative entertainment, arts events and exciting new dining and libations to enliven the Vinoy with local flair. This upbeat vibe spills out onto the resort’s historic veranda, where rocking chairs, comfortable couches, a fire pit and an indoor/outdoor bar invite relaxing get-togethers and people-watching along Beach Drive.
When not exploring the shops, museums, galleries, restaurants and bars that comprise downtown St. Petersburg, which are all within walking distance of the resort, guests may enjoy numerous restorative, pampering and indulging options. These include award-winning dining at the Vinoy’s signature restaurant, Marchand’s Bar & Grill, a world-class marina, championship golf, day spa and salon, pool and much more.
Celebrating 85 years of sun-drenched hospitality, The Vinoy looks back, reminisces and forges forward in its never-ending quest to deliver unique and unforgettable experiences, earning it recognition for Travel & Leisure as one of the “500 Greatest Hotels and Resorts in the World.”
About a 2-1/2 hour drive (approximately 156 miles) from the Space Coast, the Vinoy Renaissance is located on the North Yacht Basin & City Marina in downtown St. Petersburg.
- Take the Beachline (528) west to I-4 West (or jump on 417 South to avoid some of the Disney traffic);
- As you get into the Tampa area, merge onto I-275 South to St. Petersburg;
- Merge onto I-375 East toward BayWalk/The Pier and you’re almost there;
- Turn left onto Beach Dr. NE and then take your first right onto 5th Ave. NE; the Vinoy will be on your left.
While in St. Petersburg, Don’t Miss…
- The Chihuly Collection, 400 Beach Dr. N.E., MoreanArtsCenter.org
- The Dali Museum, One Dali Blvd., TheDali.org
- The Museum of Fine Arts, 255 Beach Dr. N.E., Fine-Arts.org
- Sundial St. Pete (formerly the Shops at St. Pete) 153 2nd Ave. N., SundialStPete.com
The Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club
501 Fifth Avenue NE, St. Petersburg
(727) 894-1000 | VinoyRenaissanceResort.com