Hit the Slopes
Snowshoe, West Virginia
The crunch of the snow, the wind whipping by as you glide down a mountain enjoying the natural scenery, sipping hot cocoa by a fire, dining at the top of a mountain. Sound like the kind of getaway you’re looking for this winter? Snowshoe Mountain Resort has all this and more.
Located in Pocahontas County, West Virginia, among the Allegheny Mountains Snowshoe Mountain Resort is the largest winter resort in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. The resort contains two distinct mountains, both of which are accessible with one lift ticket. What makes Snowshoe unique is the resort’s inverted set up, meaning the mountain’s main facilities are located at the top of the mountain, at an elevation of 4,848’. Sixty slopes and trails provide skiers and snowboarders of all ages and skill levels an outstanding winter vacation experience without the feel of crowded slopes. This year, the resort offers free lessons each day after the purchase of an adult group lesson at regular price, the opening of a new restaurant and a new southern style buffet.
The resort offers 1,800 lodging options, ranging from budget-friendly hotel rooms to luxurious condos, town homes and ski chalets. A majority of Snowshoe’s accommodations provide slope side convenience, so guests can wake up and walk out their back door and onto the slopes, no need to wait for the lift.
Snowshoe is also home to the region’s only mountaintop Village. Providing stunning vistas of nearly a million acres of natural forest area surrounding the resort, including 20 dining options, from take-out pizza to hand-rolled sushi.
With all the amenities, activities and options, guests get the big mountain experience closer to home at Snowshoe Mountain Resort.
Things To Do:
- Terrain parks
- Snow tubing
- Night Skiing
- Cross country skiing/snowshoeing
- Comedy club
- 20 restaurants/bars
- Split Rock pools – Indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs.
- Big Top – a 15,000 sq. ft. entertainment center featuring video and arcade games, climbing wall and more
- Complimentary shuttle
- Tuscan Sun Spa and Salon, the perfect spot to relax after a long day on the slopes
- 4,848′ above sea level
- 244 acres of total skiable area, comprised of 3 ski areas:
- Snowshoe Basin Area – 40 slopes and trails
- The Western Territory – 2, 1.5 mile expert slopes
- Silver Creek Area – 18 slopes and trails
- Total: 60 slopes and trails
- 100% snowmaking ability across the resort’s region-leading 60 slopes and 244 acres of skiable terrain
- The resort averages a season of more than 130 days, stretching from mid-November to early spring.
Snowshoe Mountain, 10 Snowshoe Drive
Snowshoe, WV 26209
Toll Free Reservations: 877-441-4FUN
- Lewisburg WV: Greenbrier Valley Airport
- Charleston WV: Yeager Airport
From Melbourne, Snowshoe is 882 miles or approximately 14 hours.