Get a breathtaking view of Port Canaveral and the surrounding area from the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral. The tower contains seven floors of exhibits and interactive play including historical exhibits on the area, from the first settlers to the 21st century space program. In addition to exhibition space spread throughout the building, the center also has indoor and outdoor observation decks, an 83-seat theater/auditorium, meeting and function space, and a café.
The Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral officially opened in November of 2013 as part of the Canaveral Port Authority’s celebration of the 60th anniversary.
- Experience what it’s like to be a Port Canaveral pilot and navigate your boat using a simulator Canaveral Harbor to greet cruise ships (seen in picture on right.)
- Explore Central Florida’s past and present with the touch of a finger using a large-scale interactive map
- Learn about the port’s history and the key events that helped transform it into the flourishing harbor in a state-of-the-art theatre.
- Indoor and outdoor observation decks
- Exhibit space – (5,550 ft. on four floors)
- Gift shop
- Corporate meeting space
- Event space for lease
670 Dave Nisbet Drive Cape Canaveral
Open daily – 10: a.m. – 7 p.m. (subject to change)