Tis the Season to Shop!
Tis the Season to Shop!
The holidays are times of crowded shopping centers and long lines. It can also be the time for killer deals and even better holiday shopping events. Living in Central Florida gives Brevard County residents access to multiple outlets, where getting the best bang for your buck like 25% to 65% percent off every day prices that are already a steal. Check out the following outlets for your holiday shopping adventures.
Visit the largest outlet and value retail destination in the United States for your holiday shopping spree. With over 350 stores, including some that are exclusive to Sawgrass Mills in South Florida, you are sure to find something for everyone on your shopping list (and maybe a little something for yourself). This year holiday shoppers will be able to enjoy 24 full hours of retail bliss. Opening at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, and remaining open until 10 p.m. Friday November 25 there is no better way to start off your holiday shopping!
- Sawgrass Mills
12801 West Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise Florida
Orlando Premium Outlets
Orlando Premium Outlets on Vineland Avenue has over 150 discount designer stores to choose from in a beautiful Mediterranean inspired village. Located between Walt Disney World and Seaworld, shoppers can get their thrills while others enjoy local theme parks. If you think you need more, check out Orlando Premium Outlets on International Drive which has over 180 discount designer stores in the heart of central Florida.
- Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland Ave
8200 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL 32821
- Orlando Premium Outlets – International Dr
4951 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
- St. Augustine Premium Outlets
After strolling the famous historic streets of St. Augustine, make sure to check out the St. Augustine Premium Outlets for over 85 designer discount stores.
St. Augustine Premium Outlets
2700 State Road 16
St. Augustine, FL 32092
Goodbye turkey, hello holiday shopping! Check out the After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale at Premium Outlet Centers, including both Orlando sites and St. Augustine, featuring Midnight Madness Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27. Also checkout the Premium Outlet VIP Shopper Club, which includes free online access to the VIP Lounge, VIP Coupon Book, insider info from your favorite brands and e-mail updates on upcoming sales and events. Membership is free and easy at www.premiumoutlets.com/vip.
By keeping your eyes peeled for the best deals and coupons you are already on your way to getting more bang for your buck, however the allure of storefronts and ads can draw you into stores you wouldn’t normally go into. One way to keep on track: make a list based on your coupons, if the outlet center is large, draw a map planning on what stops you will make in what order to avoid overspending, then stick to the plan! Make sure to also create a budget before going in, if your savings hit below your budget then check out those other tempting stores!
Other Insider tips
how to stick to a holiday budget and make the most of your holiday shopping experience:
- Pack a lunch. Many outlets offer the usual food court, but by packing a lunch you can not only save money, but also skip those lines and long waits that occur around the holidays. If you don’t feel like dragging around the cooler, or packing before you leave, make sure to also visit restaurant web-sites and coupon sites for restaurant deals as well.
- Carpool. Outlets are a great way to save money, but some are a bit far from the Space Coast. Bring along 3-4 friends and ask them to split the gas costs with you. Not only is this a great way to save money, but it will make the trip a great excuse for a girls day out!
- Check for hotel deals. If you plan on taking a weekend to get your shopping done, consider checking hotels near the outlets on web-sites such as hotels.com for deals. If you are going with multiple people, split the cost of the room as many ways as possible. This will save on travel expenses, and your sanity!
- Get ready to say NO! Almost every store you go into will ask you to sign up for special financing options, make sure to get ready to say no, no matter how tempting the offer might be. Keeping to a budget will help you avoid paying off the holiday bills until next November!
- Timing is Everything. Many stores offer extra savings as an incentive for early shoppers but if getting up early is not your forte, shop later in the day – it’s a great time to avoid some of the large crowds. Some stores will be opening even beforemidnight on Thanksgiving and the sale doesn’t end on Black Friday – Saturday and Sunday will offer great sales as well!
- Dress for the Occasion. Pick an outfit that’s comfortable, stylish and practical. Wear layers so you can easily try on other pieces over your own tank or tee. Wear shoes or boots that slide on and off easily and choose a lightweight over the shoulder bag so your hands are free.
- Don’t Hesitate. If you see it and love it, buy it because it will be gone soon. Merchandise sells fast and the item may never be sold again, especially during the After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale when the deals are unbeatable.
Welcome, Twitter visitor! If you enjoy this post, don't hesitate to retweet!