Looking for something nutritious after having consumed all that less-than-healthy stuff during the holiday? Here are five places to pick up a great smoothie, and they’re all locally owned:
- Club Performax, 6300 N. Wickham Road, Suntree — Have a seat at the ultra-modern looking bar and take your nutrition in style
- The Produce Place of Suntree, 5775 Wickham Road – Just about any of those fruits and vegetables in the front of the store can be transformed into beverages in the little booth at the back of the store. Oh, what they can do with raspberries!
- Sun Shoppe Café, 540 E. New Haven Ave, Melbourne – A classic coffeehouse with classic smoothies like the “Blue Lagoon,” which includes blueberries, banana and coconut.
- Jungle Organic, 2500 S.R. A1A, Indialantic – Great atmosphere, great (fresh) ingredients, great smoothies.
- Ossorio, 316 Brevard Ave., Cocoa – If you thought Ossorio was all about salads and oven-fired pizzas, think again, The smoothies here are very good, and this is one of the few places that is able to pull off a chai tea version well.