Keeping things simple is a good motto to live by; it is also a good model for your home. Recycling and green living is catching on, and who knew that keeping things simple would ever look this good?
Light ‘em up – Barn Light Electric
Barn Light Electric in Titusville gets creative- check out some of their lighting fixtures that may look a little familiar.
The Turbine $494 – At over 19 inches at the base this light will at a big impact to any space
Cabin Lodge $233– Rated for wet locations this light would be perfect for an outdoor rustic garden shed.
Barn Light Electric
3405 South Washington Avenue, Titusville
(321) 269-6979 or www.barnlightelectric.com
Keeping it Elegant- Global Views
Global Views’ products are made with natural materials, and all their packaging is recyclable. Employees of Global Views are also encouraged to reduce their carbon imprint by making wise energy choices, participating in recycling programs and through carpooling and waste reduction programs.
Basset Hall Peacock Pillow– Silkscreen on Silk
Left to Right – Iceberg Bowl, Green Nugget Vase, Waffle Cone Vase large and small, Aarhus boxes in Oasis large and small
Brush Table Large– Nickel plated iron with a glass top
Global Views products are available at various retailers in Brevard County, including:
- Pear Tree, 310 Brevard Avenue, Cocoa
- Customup Design Inc., 4185 W New Haven Avenue, Melbourne
- La-Z-Boy, 3451 W New Haven Avenue, Melbourne
- Island Paint and Decorating Center, 860 N Courtenay Parkway, Merritt Island
- Indian River Furniture, 3200 US Highway 1, Rockledge
Items are also available at www.globalviews.com
La Chamba Clay Cookware
La Chamba Clay Cookware offers an eco-friendly cooking alternative with these all natural handmade clay pots. The clay and mica material allow for even heat distribution and retention, while still being able to withstand the stovetop, microwave and oven.
Toque Blanche $11.50-$150
Available at www.mytoque.com
Here are some ideas from the home…
Sometimes good design is right under or nose.
- Got some old hard covered books lying around? Try painting all the books a solid color (we like white) for a big impact on a book shelf or counter top.
- Wine, not only good for your soul. Keep old wine bottles, wash them out and peel off labels and presto! You now have yourself various vases of size and color. Group them together for a dramatic look, filling dark ones with flowers and clear bottles with items such as sand or beads.
- Don’t forget about those corks! Wine corks make a great filler, write on the corks to remember special occasions, giving your decoration that special touch!
- Need some new plates? Don’t get rid of the old ones! Plates can make for a special art piece by hanging them on a wall or using them as an accent on a shelf display. If you are really inspired buy some paint and stencils and layout an inspirational saying on the plate.
- Glass candle jars are often thrown out, however if you place the jar in the freezer for a couple days, the old wax will pop right out. Now you have a great jar you can use for bathroom storage or decorative touches. Also, use the leftover wax for wax burners to get the most out your purchase.