Nothing goes better with a fine cognac than fine chocolates, some of which have been designed and made specifically for the purpose, like St. Louis-based Bissinger’s Confections, which had developed Courvoisier XO Truffles, a blend of one of the world’s favorite cognacs and dark chocolate. They’re available at Bissinger’s Web site, www.bissingers.com, starting at $36.
Fine chocolates that complement fine cognacs also are available here, and they include:
- Artisan dark chocolate from Aldendorf Chocolate Factory, 7025 Industrial Road, West Melbourne. Take your choice of crafted on-site, high-cacao-content treats. Prices vary.
- “Bombe” chocolate truffles from Kilwin’s, 906 E. New Haven Ave., downtown Melbourne. All dark chocolate enrobed in dark chocolate, they’re $14 per half pound.
- Chocolate fudge from Caffe Chocolat, 304 S. Washington Ave, Titusville. Cost is $12.95 per pound.
- Sea salt dark chocolate bar from World Market, The Avenue Viera. It’s 64 percent cacao, with a nice, smoky flavor that complements the brandy and it costs only $1.99.
- Pineapple ginger macadamia nut truffle bar by Sterling Confections. Completely unique – a triangular bar to be sliced – done as an abstract painting. Try one (the whole bar costs about $25) at Nosh & Ganache, 1540 Highland Ave., Melbourne.