Moms and women are used to taking care of everyone else around them, so when a woman wants to feel confident in her own skin, Amy Ortega, MD with Clevens Face and Body Specialists can help.
Dr. Amy Ortega, MD is a board certified and double-fellowship trained plastic surgeon. For more than 10 years, Dr. Ortega has specialized in cosmetic breast and body procedures. An expert in cosmetic and breast surgery, she is the recipient of national awards recognizing her expertise and compassion.
Not only does Dr. Ortega bring experience in all areas of cosmetic surgery of the breast and body, she is best known for the natural results she achieves through her breast lifts and breast augmentations, as well as her “Mommy Makeover” procedures.
“Mommy Makeover” is a term used to describe procedures designed to restore one’s figure after pregnancy, weight changes, or aging. The most common surgeries involve some form of reshaping the fullness of breasts and restoration of the female silhouette like breast augmentations, breast lift or reduction, tummy tucks and liposuction.
- Breast Augmentation — Augmentation of the breasts in size and shape is a common procedure undergone by many women. Dr. Ortega uses saline, silicone gel and new “gummy” breast implants to add fullness and improve symmetry.
- Breast Lift or Reduction — Dr. Ortega was the first surgeon in the Southeast to be fellowship trained in SPAIR and was responsible for introducing it to the South. SPAIR accomplishes a breast reduction or breast lift often with less than half the scars. The approach manages the breast tissue for the optimal result – a breast with minimal scarring and an appealing, more natural shape. Dr. Ortega completed an Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Fellowship – extra surgical training in breast surgery.
- Tummy Tuck — A “tummy tuck” trims excess skin and fat from the abdomen and also tightens the abdominal muscles when a flatter, firmer waistline is desired.
- Liposuction — Liposuction is a safe and popular procedure designed to refine the contours of the body where fat deposits have collected. Revision may also be performed to correct poor results of a previous liposuction procedure. Various areas of the body can be treated. Dr. Ortega specializes in Smart Lipo laser assisted liposuction and Cellulaze for the successful treatment of cellulite.
- Contouring — Restoring the contours of the body after weight loss is a specialty of Dr. Ortega’s. After substantial weight loss, the skin often forms large flaps due to a decrease in elasticity over a long period of time. Procedures that can enhance the body contours to reflect a patient’s healthier lifestyle include abdominoplasty, total lower body lift, breast lift, arm lift, and thigh lift.
These techniques are often customized and combined to achieve the best results for each patient. More than one procedure can be routinely and safely done in a certified outpatient center that has the same high standards as a hospital.
Working with a female physician for a “Mommy Makeover” can be reassuring for patients. Dr. Ortega is sensitive to each woman’s thoughts and feelings. She makes them feel comfortable and relaxed enough to talk freely about their issues with their appearance without fear or embarrassment.
For her, it is about increasing the self-esteem and self-confidence of women, who tend to put everyone else first. Dr. Ortega understands the hesitancy of some women to take the time for themselves. “You’ve got to recharge and feel good about yourself,” Dr. Ortega tells her patients. “Then you can do even more for others.”
For more information, visit DrClevens.com or call (321) 727-3223
Dr. Amy Ortega
A graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch, Dr. Ortega completed her plastic surgery residency training at an advanced five-year program. She then completed an Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery fellowship in Michigan at the Center for Breast and Body Contouring. Dr. Ortega enjoys a strong national reputation having been recognized for five consecutive years as one of America’s Most Compassionate Doctors. Dr. Ortega is pleased to bring her expertise in breast and body surgery to complement the practice of Ross A. Clevens, MD, FACS, Brevard’s double board certified facial plastic surgery specialist.