Men Cooking from the Heart: Cherry Cream Cheese Tarts Recipe
For the past 20 years, local individuals and businesses have united to produce one of the biggest food tasting celebrations in Central Florida. Join the culinary madness of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida’s 21st Annual Men Cooking from the Heart and delight in tantalizing dishes prepared by over 50 volunteer chefs. Proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida. To purchase tickets, become a volunteer or become a chef, please visit Bbbscfl.org/mencooking2015.
When: Saturday, March 28, 2015
Where: Melbourne Auditorium, 625 Hibiscus Blvd., Melbourne
Cost: $50, or $90 for two tickets.
Check out this recipe prepared by Chef John Graham!
Cherry Cream Cheese Tarts
Makes about 30 tarts. Allow 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes cook time. If making these for Cooking From the Heart, allow about 2½ hours altogether (unless you have several mini muffin pans).
- 2 (8-oz) pkg Low-fat Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Truvia
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 24 Mini Nilla Wafers
- 1/3 can Lite Cherry Filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place mini paper cupcake liner in each cup of a mini muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place Mini Nilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers.
- Allow tarts to cool. Top each with single syrupy cherry from cherry filling.
- Serve chilled.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Nutritional Break down:
- Calories: 46.3
- Carbohydrates: 3.9g
- Low-fat Cream Cheese: 23.1 calories, 0.7 carbohydrates
- Truvia: 0 calories, 0 carbs
- Vanilla Extract: 0.5 calories, 0 carbohydrates
- Eggs: 6.2 calories, 0 carbohydrates
- Mini Nilla Wafers, 7 calories, 0.9 carbohydrate
- Lite Cherry Filling: 9.5 calories, 2.3 carbohydrates