Parrish Medical Center (PMC) is introducing its newest healing environment to Brevard County cancer patients and their families at the newly opened Parrish Cancer Center.
“Parrish Cancer Center patients receive the benefit of an exceptional team of cancer fighting experts who use the latest cancer fighting treatments and technology within a newly and beautifully renovated healing environment,” said George Mikitarian, PMC president and CEO. “Additionally, as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Parrish Cancer Center physicians have access to Mayo Clinic’s unsurpassed research and expertise.”
For generations, people throughout the world have recognized Mayo Clinic as providing a standard of healthcare excellence that stands apart from others. In 2014 after meeting a series of rigorous criteria, Parrish became the first Central Florida member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
“This means Parrish cancer patients are able to stay in Brevard County, close to their homes and families, while receiving the benefits of Mayo Clinic’s latest clinical research and being a resource for even the most highly specialized and challenging diagnoses and procedures that can be involved in some cancer treatments,” Mikitarian said. “In addition, Parrish patients receive the benefit of access to one of America’s safest and highest quality hospitals that is dedicated to its mission to provide healing experiences for everyone all the time.”
A Win for Patients & Families
The advantages to patients and families of Parrish’s collaboration with Mayo Clinic include:
- Diagnosis: Knowing the type of cancer and at what stage, and other factors is essential to treatment; Parrish Cancer Center physicians have access to Mayo Clinic’s disease management protocols, clinical-care guidelines and reference materials, as well as eConsults, to get input on specific questions from Mayo experts as they care for patients—working together to ensure the best diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Mayo Clinic’s Research, Experience and Specialists: Mayo Clinic is the #1 ranked hospital in the U.S. (based on U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017 Best Hospitals Honor Roll.)
- Patient-centered Care: Parrish Cancer Center provides care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values, and ensures that patients, and their family, guide all clinical decisions.
- Modern Amenities and a Healing Environment: PMC and OMNI Healthcare, which is among Brevard County’s largest physician-owned and managed multispecialty groups, partnered to create Parrish Cancer Center. The center’s network of experts provides the services and technology expected from a world-class cancer center. The modern facility includes medical oncology services; radiation therapy using the VitalBeam™ radiotherapy system; IV infusion suite; as well as the most advanced diagnostic equipment, including access to Positron Emission Tomography (PET Scan). The center also features the Varian Medical Systems for image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery, as well as Varian’s ARIA oncology information system and Eclipse™ treatment planning software.
- Brevard County’s only Commission on Cancer-accredited Program: created by the American College of Surgeons, the Commission on Cancer is a “consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.”
- Top-ranked U.S. Hospital for Clinical Care, Patient Safety, and Healing Experiences: Among its honors for patient care, PMC has been cited as Florida’s safest hospital by Consumer Reports, and earned top safety ratings from The LeapFrog Group, The SafeCare Group, The Joint Commission, and many other healthcare rating agencies.
Integrated, Collaborative, Patient-centered Care
Parrish Cancer Center is part of Parrish Healthcare, the nation’s first certified integrated care network. Parrish Cancer Center’s integrated care approach is one of the most important factors in its work for patients.
“Integrated care means communicating effectively and constantly on behalf of patients,” explained Dr. Craig Deligdish, OMNI Healthcare president and board-certified oncologist. “Integrated care is so important that the country’s premier healthcare accrediting organization (The Joint Commission) created an integrated care certification program because it improves patient outcomes, lowers costs, and gives patients and their families greater peace of mind.”
“The collaborative approach of the Parrish Cancer Center is writing a new chapter in Brevard’s cancer care,” Mikitarian said. “We’re delighted to bring to our fellow residents this weapon in the fight against cancer.”
About Mayo Clinic Care Network
As a member of Mayo Clinic Care Network, Parrish Cancer Center physicians have access to Mayo Clinic services, research and experts.
- eConsults: Access to Mayo specialists to connect on patient care, diagnoses and treatment plans.
- eTumor Boards: Live video conferences that allow physicians to present and discuss complex cancer cases with Mayo Clinic multi-disciplinary teams and other care network members.
- AskMayoExpert: A best-practice resource with the latest Mayo Clinic-vetted information.
- Patient Education Materials: Access to Mayo Clinic’s electronic library of more than 2,500 pieces of patient education materials.
- Health Care Consulting: Direct access to Mayo’s best practices, from clinical protocols to administrative expertise.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds: Presentations by Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists on successes, challenges and the science of healthcare delivery.
Parrish Cancer Center
845 Century Medical Drive | Titusville
Most insurances are accepted.