Red lipstick is a classic, universal look that will never go out of style. But many women just assume they can’t wear red on their lips. They’re wrong! The secret is finding the right shade for your skin and what you wear on the rest of your face.
- Go very subtle with eyes and blush- otherwise you could end up looking like a clown.
- If you are a brunette, wear only mascara on the top lashes
- Blondes or redheads apply mascara on top and bottom lashes
- You must use a lip liner, the same shade as the lipstick, to line outside of lips
- To keep lipstick on all evening use lip liner all over lips, apply lipstick and blot with tissue, reapply lipstick and you won’t need to apply all night!
- The fairer your skin, the bigger the pop of color will be.
Still Not Convinced?
If you believe that red does not work for you, try this shade before you swear off red forever. Brick red, this red shade is very versatile.
If you are not ready to take a risk and go for the classic, and dramatic vintage red, try a sheer shade to get used to the look and transition to the bolder color.
Try these shades-
- Sheer black berry
- Sheer cherry red
- Deep rosy lips