Here are some tips to help keep you on the right track on Thanksgiving Day:
- Exercise on Thanksgiving Day. Look for a fitness facility offering group classes. Often times, being with fitness minded people before you head home to eat will put you in the right frame of mind. And who wants to spoil a good workout? But remember, even your best workout cannot undo absurd eating!
- Think before you eat. Know what you want, and take just that.
- Remember portion control counts, even on Thanksgiving Day.
- Make sure that you include healthy foods such as salad and veggies.
- Protein, as in your turkey, will be lower in fat and calories and fill you up faster.
- Don’t overdo it when planning the menu. Make enough to feed the number of people coming. And remember, it’s Thanksgiving Day, not Thanksgiving week. Give leftovers away!
- Don’t starve yourself all day to save up calories - you are more likely to go overboard.
- Volunteer at Thanksgiving. Nothing will put the day and the season into perspective like serving those less fortunate than you.
- Schedule a workout on Friday – preferably in the morning. Get yourself feeling healthy again. Call a friend to go for a morning walk. If you can make it out of bed at 3 a.m. to get a good deal on a flat screen, you can make it to a Friday workout!