Nothing takes the stress out of a long day like coming home and stepping into your own mini oasis. Today’s custom homes on the space coast are increasingly focused on creating a living room that oozes luxury and opulence. With these five easy tips from Stanley Homes you can take your living room from livable to luxurious.
- Fabulous Floors—Set the tone for your room by selecting flooring that conveys your style. Consider dark, rich woods that give an instant homey feel. If custom stone or marble are more your style, incorporate a unique area rug to soften the room and express your style.
- Luxurious Lighting—Whether you want a classic chandelier that gives an instant “wow factor”, or prefer the more subdued look of recessed lighting, your lighting selection creates an immediate mood for your custom home on the space coast. A variety of floor and table lamps create additional lighting options while providing the perfect visual accent.
- Nuts about Nature—For some it’s the serenity that comes from creating an indoor space that flows naturally outdoors. For others, it’s incorporating elements of nature such as wood, water, stone, shells and grasses. Whatever your style, there is nothing more lush than the great outdoors.
- Turn up the Texture—The secret weapon of today’s most noted interior designers is the use of texture to create interest. Sanded stucco walls, stone fireplaces, hand-woven wall hangings, three dimensional pillows—there are countless ways that texture can add visual appeal, especially in rooms with a more muted color pallet.
- Mismatched Madness—Gone are the days of matching furniture and singular color schemes. Creating a one-of-a-kind living room for your custom home on the space coast means mixing patterns and fabrics, couches and tables. Step outside the norm and get a luxurious look that is all your own.
Jason Stanley founded Stanley Homes in 2003 with more than a decade of hands-on construction experience and the knowledge that affordable custom-built homes can exceed clients’ dreams. Today, Stanley Homes is a premier custom home builder in Brevard County and an established leader in energy efficient and eco-friendly design and construction. President Jason Stanley heads the Stanley Homes team. A third-generation custom home builder, Jason personally inspects every home and meets with clients on site to discuss the details of the home building process.