35,000 Square Foot Facility to Serve 20,000 People Annually
Brevard Health Alliance (BHA) opened a new 35,000 square foot facility on the corner of Sarno and Croton Roads in Melbourne.
The new Sarno Health Complex, which opened in October, is expected to add an additional 60 jobs to the community within the first year. The BHA facility provides primary medical care, dental services, behavioral health, medication assistance, case management and a community education room. BHA provides primary health care services to Brevard County residents regardless of their ability to pay for services. Services are offered on a sliding fee scale and since opening in 2005 BHA has served more than 50,000 Brevard County residents.
BHA operates six clinics and the Sarno Complex is projected to provide services to more than 20,000 patients annually.
BHA receives significant support from Health First, Parrish Medical Center, Space Coast Health Foundation and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Since opening in 2005, the Brevard Health Alliance has:
- Provided medical services to more than 48,000 Brevard Country citizens
- Provided more than 278,294 medical visits, more than 63.5 percent of which were provided to uninsured patients
- Provided more than 4,557 dental visits
- Provided more than 1,819 behavioral health visits
- Provided more than 29,108 case management visits
- Enabled thousands of speciality referrals to more than 140 generous Brevard County physicians who voluntarily provide their services without charge
- Secured over $22.2 million in free medications (at average wholesale price) for its patients through the Medication Assistance program
- Enabled out-patients to receive more than $24.5 million in free diagnostics services through the contributions of Health First, Wuesthoff Health System and Parrish Medical Center
The BHA’s mobile medical van also provides professional medical care to Brevard’s residents “where they are” — on the streets, in shelters, at soup kitchens and at drop-in centers. The Mobile Unit schedule varies monthly, however the locations remain the same.
The Brevard Health Alliance, Inc. is Brevard County’s only federally qualified Health Center. This organization provides extensive primary health care services to Brevard County residents regardless of their ability to pay for those services. By offering services on a sliding fee scale, BHA has provided primary care services, limited dental services, diagnostic services, case management services, medication assistance and specialty referrals to Brevard County’s economically disadvantaged residents since March of 2005.
Sarno Regional Health Complex is located at 2120 Sarno Road in Melbourne. Visit BHACHC.org for more information.